Today(18.08.10) The Windows Live team released the beta 2 of the Windows Live Essentials Wave 4. The beta updates the entire Essentials Suite. Among these is a major and a most awaited feature, which is the Integration of Facebook Chat to Live Messenger.
According to the Windows Live Team, the initial facebook chat from Windows Live will be available for US, UK, France, Brazil, Germany, and Russia today and the rest of world will be getting it in the coming days. Not sure if its completely true because I’m living in Sri Lanka yet I am already using this feature.
To enable Facebook Chat Integration, follow the below steps.
- Download and Install Windows Live Essentials beta 2.
- Go to your Windows Live Profile Page.
- Add or Edit Facebook Service Settings.
- Make Sure You have selected all the checkboxes, click on “Connect with Facebook”
- Allow Permission for Facebook adding.
- Then you will be able to see your facebook friends on your Windows Live Messenger.
For more information on the new beta 2 release follow the Windows Live Team Blogs Review.